Saturday, January 31, 2009

The art of the Choke...

Dear Guy I helped in the Shop,
You were about 30, tall, not unattractive and buying a dictionary. You were wearing the unfortunate dark glasses you get from the optometrist after an eye exam and when you removed them to ask me a question your eyes were watering. A few minutes after I’d helped you, you came back up to me, sweating profusely with this line…
“I’m not seeing good… very well… because my eyes are dilated, but I know an attractive woman when I see one…”
And I froze.
“Thanks, that’s so nice to hear…thanks, nice to hear…nice” then in a blur of movement I unfroze and I ran away. Literally ran away.
I can’t help but wonder what you might have been thinking at that point in time. It has to take a lot of stones to go up to a girl and say something- I completely lost all regard for your effort not to mention the compliment you was paying me while I was sprinting up the stairs in a panic. Ok sure this wasn’t the best delivered line ever, I was at work and not expecting anything but seriously- isn’t my resolution all about being open to the possibilities around me? A possibility arises and I freak-the-snot-out. Not just arises, falls into my lap and I choke.
My most humble apologies- I really mean it when I say it wasn’t you, it was me. I had a moment of insecurity tossed in with a good dose of shock at your timing. You should hit on girls more often and chances are other girls won’t freak out.
Maybe find another line though… that dilated eye thing probably won’t work on a regular basis.
Regards,
The streak of blonde- running in the opposite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment