Monday, February 23, 2009

Testing....


So Guy 6 has been dates 9-17 (hence the infrequent updates), and I’ve been thinking about the beginning stages of getting to know someone more than I usually do. Yes, it’s all about getting to know someone- finding out what makes them tick- however, after the initial couple of dates, there seems to be a series of pass/fail exams.
He has a sense of adventure- Pass
Toilet paper and hand soap in his the bathroom- Pass.
Bottle caps, boxes and snowboard equipment strewn across the kitchen floor- Fail.
A kiss to say hello on a public street- Pass
Bringing a gift back from a trip out of town- Pass.
Not calling on Valentines day- Fail.
Inviting you over to hang out and watch a movie- Pass
Holding your hand while watching a movie- Pass.
Picking a good movie to watch while holding hands- Bonus
So as a girl who is spending an inordinate amount of time studying her dating habits it has occurred to me he is probably doing the same series of exams on me. In my head it goes something like this…
Likes to travel- Pass
She rolls with the punches- Pass
She knows nothing about music- Fail
Laughs at my jokes- Pass
She’s affectionate- Pass
Flirts in public- Bonus
She brings a six pack when she comes over to watch a movie- Pass
She is unfazed when I have to unload the laundry from my couch- Pass
When she falls asleep on my couch- she snores- Fail

But what if these aren't the things he's thinking about? Ok so I'm still seeing him and so I know I've got more Passes than Fails in my corner but what if his exams go something like this...
She's Blond- Fail
She can't hold her liquor- cheep date- Pass
She prances around on 4in heals all the time- Fail
She has a car- Pass
She's impressed that I'm a drummer- Pass
Ok so sure, everything I've seen thus far makes this seem unlikely but frankly the more dates I have the more crazy my Pass- Fail exams seem to be... wouldn't it work the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment