Sunday, March 15, 2009

Something happened on the way to 100....


So I thought this little adventure would go something like this...
I’d date a bunch of different guys anywhere from 1-3 times each… maybe a little more depending on how it went but they would all would be temporary experiences- something to think about when I was an old lady- great stories to tell my friends over a beer or a good way to ensure I got out a bit more than I did last year (not a tough thing to accomplish if you look at my social life last year- but let’s not look too hard). I would get to know them- be charmed by them (or appalled as the case may be) and learn things about each guy, men in general, dating and ultimately myself in the process. I might have been hoping for something a little more long term, but I couldn't say I was expecting it.
6 Dates in, and I meet a charming guy at a Dive Bar. And I like him.
And I’m learning things about him (things like- he is more patient than any man has a right to be and he has more board games than I have shoes). One of the biggest things though is that I cannot imagine he’d appreciate being the subject of a blog. This is why I haven’t been posting as much as I was when I started the year. This is also why I’m going to stop posting until this thing has run its course. Knowing what I know about him and seeing as I really do like him, it seems only fair.
On the other hand, he’s coming over for dinner this week- if I give him food poisoning, have some sort of “chick” freak out or he discovers I’m actually as crazy as Date 1 Guy 1 thinks I am- I’ll be back to posting before the weekend is up.
Until then- I'll just keep counting dates.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to mo more posts....congrats on guy number 6. You are not crazy..only crazy wonderful and I'm sure he will figure that out soon enough if he doesn't already know!

    ReplyDelete