Thursday, October 22, 2009

And on that note...


I have gotten spoiled. Up until now, when talking about this 100 date thing the comments have been fairly positive- yes, everyone thinks I'm nuts but positive none the less. I've come to expect it I guess. I enjoy the fact that the people who read the blog (and I realize there are not legions of you) are doing so because they are friends and/or find me mildly entertaining.
Great boost to the ego by the way- thank you.
I got this comment today...
Seriously,
You can't be serious. Not trying to be mean and its your right to do what ever you want. But i must say any man with a little class would not stand in line with a 100 guy's for one women. Women talk about men being all about themselves. You can't possibly find the right man dating 100 men. Most of all letting them know there will be 99 more. Who the hell wants that. Sweetie it takes time to get to know someone. It may take a year or more. Sorry to rain on your parade but someone should council you in how to find a man.
Peace Out.
I am left with a sour taste in my mouth (and not just for the condescending "Sweetie" comment). Despite the fact that there was clearly some miscommunication regarding my intentions, this person seems genuinely upset about what I'm doing. My gut reaction to reading the it was horror- am I as selfish as this person thinks? Have I deluded myself into thinking this was somehow liberating when in fact it is simply a low-class exercise in self absorption?
What I wanted to say- what I'm kicking myself for not saying is-
If you think I'm going about this wrong, ok- fantastic, I welcome the criticism but please, tell me what to do differently! At least make a suggestion because lord knows what I've done before didn't work and clearly you have a perspective that's different from my own.
However, if you are so convinced that I'm a selfish person and you are in fact "not trying to be mean" as you say, why are you even bothering to comment?
I didn't reply with that though (Thank you boarding school manners). Grace seemed the most prudent strategy-
I replied...
100 dates- this is not the same as 100 men. Although I understand your point of view, perhaps you should check out the blog before you judge. Best, M

No comments:

Post a Comment