Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello Horse


Four weeks ago I would have said I was taken… maybe not forever, but taken for now.
Two weeks ago I would have avoided the question by changing the subject…
“Did you know I can make kitty ears out of a dinner napkin?”… or “Look, it’s Elvis!” Just call me the queen of smooth conversational re-direction.
Four days ago if someone had asked me if I were available I would have raised my hand, flashed some pageant queen teeth and said “Yes I am!” with enthusiasm… possibly faked enthusiasm but I’ve never felt shame at falling back on my brief high school theater career if I had to.
Today, I realize I have a date on Sunday. I booked it- so it’s not as though it appeared out of nowhere but I’m surprised nonetheless. It’s not because of the timing… my only concern is that it’s the day after Halloween and after an evening of Costume makeup and false eyelashes I could look more like a reject from Thriller than I’d like…
No, what surprises me is that I’m excited to be going.
Getting back on the horse…

No comments:

Post a Comment