Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Three B's of the Bay Area


Cardboard boxes, stolen fast food trays and one extremely dangerous two story cement slide located in the heart of the city- Seward Street Slides. This was my date idea. The plan was to channel my inner 7 year old... I thought it would be great- despite the danger of minor bodily harm and a vicious tongue lashing from a cranky neighbor. It was something I hadn't done, it was something that made for easy conversation, it was quirky and charming and fun (or at least I had hoped it would be). I was excited for it. Toss in a smattering of fun little text messages and a beautiful day...

My plan- so carefully thought out, so perfect (at least in my head) has been waylaid by a falling chunk of steel and a tragic accident on a Bart platform. Damn.
My date was very apologetic and the fact is he couldn't make it into the city due to issues beyond his control. No one's fault. Well maybe Cal-Tran's fault. I'll choose to say Bart & the Bay Bridge have conspired against me today... On the other hand, maybe it was just a quick reality check- combined with a good reminder on the lost art of rolling with the punches.
We'll re-schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment