Thursday, December 3, 2009

99 Luftballons

Two farmer’s markets, a hockey game, a bar in Oakland, an evening of “Arrested Development”, 20 songs on a juke-box, another walk through Berkley, playing with pets, a questionable card game, the discovery of “Grout Puns” and an Iron Chef competition later (I now know how much winter squash can two people can eat), I’ve gone on dates 97, 98 and date 99 (I’ve been busy). So has Brave Guy 8.
I’m not sure any of the dates were intended to cover as much as they did (frankly I’m not sure either one of us figured we would go one more than one date together), but considering the fact that I had planned date 94 to be a quick trip to the Seward Slides- I’m hardly going to complain about hanging out with a fun and interesting guy more than once.
And I have one more date- as of yet unplanned- until I reach the illusive 100.
The more I think about it, the less I want to make it a big deal, after all, I had hoped to have come to some profound insight by this point.
I haven’t.
I had hoped to have found myself in a serious long term relationship.
Although there have been moments of potential over the past year, that hasn’t happened either.
I'm shockingly OK with the way things have turned out.
I have learned about parts of the city I might not have otherwise seen, discovered I enjoy going out, and realized I have some neurotic tendencies... I know that comes as a surprise.
As for Date 100- Ms. K thinks I should do something I’ve always wanted to do on a date (Sky Diving? Dinner in Paris? Underwater Basket weaving?). Although the possibilities are limitless, I can’t think of anything I’ve ever really wanted to do on a date.
Brave Guy 8 thought I should call up all previous dates and have one massive date hopping evening- he even said he’d play along with it- but frankly there were a few in the bunch best left back in the past.
Ms. R thought I should plan some sort of "Flash-Mob" date- frankly I'm not sure I'm cool enough for that but it could make an interesting YouTube video.
I'm open to other suggestions...
Now that I think about it "being open" could also be added to the list of things I've learned.

1 comment: