Friday, December 4, 2009

Being Open...

This was written after two dates with Brave Guy 8.

Brave Guy 8 and I have had a few awkward moments at this point. I can’t figure out if it’s because I’m too shy, too closed off (we’ll leave that one alone for the moment) or he’s just super open.
The other day he asked me about other people I might be seeing, what other plans I had for the 100 dates and about date Guy 9 date 96 in particular.
I can only imagine the deer in headlights look I gave him.
Found myself looking for an escape rout…
I didn’t really know what to say- something slightly unintelligible came out of my mouth about keeping options open…
I absolutely didn’t want to talk about it.
He on the other hand, seemed completely comfortable with the topic- even mentioned the date he was going on a few nights later.
Cough... Sputter... Ok...
So I understand we aren’t in a committed relationship- and I’m all for honesty. I also understand that Brave Guy 8 doesn’t want me to get the wrong idea about what’s going on here and I respect that… but I’m not really sure I want to have it as a regular topic of conversation.
Is this denial? Is not wanting to talk about it going to come back and bite me in the ass? Is it sticking my head in the sand?
And what is he going to think when I change the subject every time he brings it up?

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for honesty, but I agree with you...NOT a converasation I would want to have with someone I'm dating. Honey, there is open and there is TOO open..that is just TOO open. ;)

    ReplyDelete